Thursday, June 4, 2009

Some Were Born to Blog the Blues

You know what really grinds my gears? Every night this week I've been suffocating in my air conditionless house, and averaging about 4 hours of sleep a night just tossing and turning. The good news is, it's back on and in full force, but I'm having a hard time enjoying it. You see today is my cousin Kayla and her husband Jay's one-year wedding anniversary, (congratulations you guys!!! ) but they had a little incident with an intruder today. Someone kicked in their door of their Austin apartment and took off with Jay's X-Box. Thank goodness no more harm came of the robbery than a demolished door and a stolen game set (they left the Wii though, clearly the robbers were retarded).


The thing is, I left my house unlocked all day today so the A/C repairman could come do his thing. I didn't think twice about it really because my neighborhood is usually pretty quiet as it sits back in the farthest corner of The Woodlands with nothing much behind it other than acres of trees and ponds. Before I got home late this evening, I hear about Kayla and Jay's robbery. Now I'm a little freaked but I've done a full inspection of La Casa de Rose, steak knife in hand, yet I can't help feeling like I would be better protected if I owned a gun.



The thought of carrying around a firearm or even just stashing it in a bedside table has always seemed erroneous to me. My boss has several and leaves them lying around in random places like on the kitchen counter and in his car. I literally tiptoe around them. Maybe I'm in denial, and it's possible the NRA doesn't have it all wrong. I'm sticking with my guns on this one though,[insert rimshot here], and pretty sure it's the safest choice not to own a firearm. I do plan on buying tickets to the gun show though.



I would like to wish my good friend Sara a very Happy Birthday and the following is for you!

FRIENDS VS TEXAS FRIENDS

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Always bring the food.

FRIENDS: Will say 'hello'..
TEXAS FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Call your parents Mom and Dad.

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Cry with you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing, playing dominoes or cards and just being together..

FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowd's back-ends that left you.

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, 'I'm home!'.

FRIENDS: will visit you in the hospital when you're sick
TEXAS FRIENDS: will cut your grass and clean your house then come spend the night with you in the hospital and cook for you when you come home

FRIENDS: have you on speed dial
TEXAS FRIENDS: have your number memorized.

FRIENDS: Are for a while.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Are for life.


Today's Song :
Maps by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs
In Memory of my girl rock band back in San Diego, because we scored the most points on this song.
Chastity and the Barbarians We are: Sweet Kate -vocals ; Erin "me so vaugny" Vaughn - guitar, and me on the drums


Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.
~Ronald Reagan

Ciao for now.











2 comments:

NATER said...

Love the Family Guy reference to open it up!

Anonymous said...

update please... damn it won't let me post anonymous.