Monday, June 1, 2009

The Noteblog

To stick with my ongoing summer theme and my continuous questioning of life, I want to post this video by Baz Luhrmann called "Wear Suncreen" and it couldn't be more fitting.

My very good friend Jill from Germany shared this with me the first night we met. Jill was an exchange student in San Diego looking for a room to rent just as I was getting ready to head back to Texas. After sifting through dozens of creepy and boring craigs list responses to my ad, I could tell that Jill would be perfect for the cozy lil beach room. She came over to check out the house and immediately knew that she appreciated all that the place has to offer. During my last weeks there, we hung out a lot on the front steps drinking red wine and swapping stories about our lives and travel adventures. It was a sort of passing the torch, exciting but sad at the same time. Hopefully we will meet up again soon at Oktoberfest girl!

This clip always gives me some perspective and reassures me that it's impossible to figure it all out.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ
(*somebody please tell me how to post a vid!!!)


Oh yeah, and I heard this song in Spin Class this morning, it rocks!
The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCf84ov2MZ4



Ciao for Now.

No comments: