Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Octoberfest!

TGIO! September came and went in a flash and there is so much to look forward to this month. Not only is Houston finally cooling down, which means it hasn't hit 100 degrees in about a week, but all the upcoming weekends should hold a little bit of adventure. After feeling a little under the weather recently, I made it to the doctor's office today and am hoping these stupid prescriptions get me back on my feet by the weekend.


To kick off the festivities, The Toxic Airborne Event is playing at the House of Blues tomorrow. Saw them almost exactly one year ago at the House of Blues in San Diego when they opened for the Fratellis. Now one European Tour later they are headlining their own show and their songs have made it into commercials, shows, and movies. I just love their music!


To add to the excitement, The Artic Monkeys will be at the same venue on saturday night! I bet they look just as good from the dance floor where I'll be shaking my mardy bum.
A new artist I just caught on to, Michelle Shocked will be here mid-October. Make sure you check out her other song Shaking Hands, pretty catchy tune!


Finally, Halloween weekend will be spent at two night concert by Widespread Panic in Austin.


Heard these shows are phenomenal and your first show is always the best. Now the only thing to worry about is which costume do I wear, what goes best with black boots and fishnets?


Ciao for now.

No comments: