Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bikram Yoga

When the summer heat left Houston in October I missed it so much I took up a new practice of Yoga that is held in a heated room. I nearly passed out the first time I went, and two months later I still struggle for air after some of the breath restricting poses. Its worth it though because its made me drop 6 lbs with just 3 sessions every week and the refreshed and relaxed feeling you get after is just undescribable. It looks easy in this vid but trust me after doing two sets of each and holding them up to a minute each time, it's physically daunting. The first 60 minutes of exercises are just to warm up the body for the last 30 minute workout which involves alternating cardio enhancing poses with 20 seconds of the dead pose to let the body recover.

No comments: